Tuesday, August 10, 2010

147? Maybe?

I forgot to weigh myself this morning. 147 was yesterday's weight, and I don't imagine that it's changed today. Usually I'll go down a bit between Monday and Tuesday, but I ate way more than usual yesterday since I had two meals at our work retreat (really yummy food, too). I did the same today. And to make matters worse, on this one last week that I have to get in some good training before the race, I'm stuck doing nothing for the moment. Because of the retreat today and yesterday I haven't been able to get to the gym at lunch, and because Brian isn't yet home from Pennsic I can't go out in the morning or evening. And even if I could, I couldn't because I've got Connor all to myself, and naturally he hasn't slept well the past two nights so I'm working on three hours of sleep each night. This sucks.

And it's probably not going to get much better--I just got a call from Brian and he's having car problems. What a shocker! I told him this would happen and that the Subaru wasn't up to the trip to Pennsic and back. I don't know details yet, but this better not turn into something too time and money consuming because we don't have either of those to spare.

OTOH, for the first time in my life I actually got not-bad exercise while on vacation. I got out for three morning runs in the six days I was at Pennsic. I would have gotten another day of swimming and cycling but God didn't want me to. I went to the state park next to the Pennsic campground to swim in the lake and rent a bike and do their 7 mile trail back and forth a few times, but as soon as I stepped out of the car at the lake there was thunder, so they made everyone come in from the water. I drove over to the bike rental place and got there just as the guy was closing it down (four hours early! He said he got in early that day so he was closing early, but four hours? Really?). So I decided to do a trail run instead so the day wouldn't be a total loss and I ended up wiping out spectacularly after less than a mile--one knee is really a mess, and the other knee, one shoulder, and one hand are all scraped up. If I had a camera with me I'd post a picture of the bad knee because it's really disgusting. And I have to leave it in plain view of the world, even though it's disgusting, because covering it up with clothing or even a bandage makes it hurt badly.

So here I am, a week and a half from the race, and I haven't ridden my bike in nearly a month and I haven't gone swimming in a week and a half and while I've gotten in some running I'm a danger to myself doing the simplest activity and I haven't slept through the night since July 30 (Connor was also up in the night every night at Pennsic, although not always for five or six hours like he has been the past two nights) so there's no telling if I'll even get through the race. Maybe I'll stop and take a nap at the halfway point.

No comments: