Thursday, December 14, 2006

The truth

I ate about a pound of that yummy buttery salty chocolatey stuff that Katie gets from her students last night. I am addicted to the stuff and Katie left it just laying around. I am beginning to think she doesn't care for it all that much - because if it were mine I would hide it. And I remember LAST year I ate most of what she got. This was on top of eating a good percentage of a bag of Beets and Sweets Terrachips. So - in a nutshell - I totlaly blew it yesterday!

I am out of Atkins bars. THat is normally what I eat when I am hit with the muchies - and they do a pretty good job of taking care of my cravings. Obviously without them around I am at my own mercy (which is NEVER good!). I think I am pre-period craving. I got my period Nov 20th last month - so this is a little early for PMS - but maybe that is it. When I get sick my hormones get wonky anyway and I often get my period early...


I am - so far - back on track today. I just ate a salad with cheese and edemane nuts and ranch dressing (4.8 carbs total) and I am taking my vitamins while I am typing this. Between my morning vits and my meal ones and my bedtime ones I take 25 pills. That is a lot. 15 of them are flax seed oil, Evening Primerose oil and fiber pills. The rest are assorted vitamins - C, B6, Calcium, St Johns Wort, etc. The morning and night ones are quick (6 and 3) but the lunch time ones take FOREVER to gag down - but it does force me to drink a full bottle of water.

OK - The truth thing... (not the junk food confession part - that was true too though) I was reading in Southbeach that when you eat low carb/high protein/good fats foods you feel satisfied a lot more quickly than when you eat carbs. So - you are less inclined to overeat. Carbs on the other hand - are more apt to make you feel MORE hungry - so you over eat. This, I have found, to be true. I feel full usually about halfway through a meal when I have been carb free (or mostly carb free) for the whole day - but when I have been eating sugar or lots of carbs I will KEEP eating regardless of how I feel. I also don't generally feel FULL - I just start to feel sick. There is a big difference.

OK - Starting next month I am going to do:
Fat Flush - January 4 - 17
off - Jan 18-24
South Beach - Jan 25th - Feb 7th
off - Feb 8-18
Body for Life - Feb 19 - departure for Italy
off - Italy
Body for Life - return from Italy - March 28th
off - March 29th - April 8th (Easter)
Atkins - April 9-22nd
etc.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Impressive plan! We'll try to keep you motivated. Are you still planning to exercise during the off times?

Good luck!