Monday, December 18, 2006

I am so excited!!!

I am off Atkins officially today. 8-) I am starting the first in my series of diets - although, I am not sure if this really counts. I am back to doing the Glucerna plans for the next two weeks. This is my favorite diet - but in reality it is just healthy eating. I love the Glucerna website - it plans your daily meals (you set the calorie level - the lowest being 1300 - so that is what we are doing) it then gives you a shopping list and all of the recipes you need.

I just had a piece of whole wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter. It was very yummy. I am drinking CAFFINATED coffee (WHY do all the diets cut out caffine? I thought it helped speed up your metabolism!) with skim milk (boy did I miss that - who would have thunk?). I have strawberries to go with my toast - but I haven't eaten them yet. I am also four glasses in to the 8 glass of water requirement... I will be in the bathroom ALL DAY! and I am only half way there.

Our tree is up and decorated (and very wonky looking - but cute none-the-less). My living room is relatively clean - although the treadmill is still mostly buried. I think I may - perhaps - be able to exercise in the living room tonight - which (KATIE! HELP?) I will attempt to do... I have thawed Jambalaya for dinner tonight. YUM! I am SO excited to have NORMAL foods again. Although - I am not sure if this will work for the next two weeks - since there is nothing weird about it - just low calorie.

It MAY work just because for the past week - and when I was actually STICKING to Atkins - so, about four weeks prior to that) I suspect my calorie levels were well above 1300. So - perhaps this diet change WILL result in a little bit of weight loss.

I think I have planned this well - My period is LOOMING with a vengence - I had those ping-y cramps all day yesterday which usually only preceed a really bad period - and today my boobies are very heavy - as was my weight. I was 215.6 this morning - which is a 2 pound spike from where I was all last week - and is typical for me days before my period. So - this means that in a week I should drop about four pounds - regardless of my diet - but I will attribute the loss to my diet. 8-)

No comments: