Tuesday, December 19, 2006

No diet + no exercise = no posts

I've been horrible the past week. I didn't get to the gym once. I didn't even walk the dog once. I haven't been watching what I eat at all. I've been into so many Christmas goodies that I couldn't even begin to name them all. And every morning I get up and make a conscious (sp?) decision to NOT weigh myself. So I was really not looking forward to this morning.

Imagine my shock (once I finally opened my eyes to look at the scale) (really, I'm not making that up--I didn't want to look at the scale so I kept my eyes closed) when I saw that I was actually DOWN a bit from last week. 133.8 this morning.

The only explanation I can give is that even though I've been eating like a horse, I've been super-busy--always running around, up until 1:00 or 2:00 every night for the past five or six nights, running errands every lunchtime, etc. So I think the eating and the activity levels balanced out so that I didn't gain two or three pounds.

Either that or none of this makes any sense at all and there isn't really a connection between what I eat and how much I weigh.

No comments: