Tuesday, December 12, 2006

I'm baaacckkk...

Finally bought a scale over the weekend. 151.5 today. It is not really on purpose but I have been really active lately, not with exercise but just other things keeping me from eating a lot. I visited my gym at the apartments and it is excellent. If anyone wants to come with me in the evenings I am certain I can sneak you in. Nearly all the machines have their own flat panel tvs. It is pretty neat. And the equipment is brand new. I ran a mile on the treadmill and then biked 4 Sunday night. I hope to get up there again tonight.

I found an old journal I was half keeping from early 2005 and I logged my weight in as 170. Ick. Looking at that made me see I have come along way--maybe not quickly, but that number hasn't been a threat in a really long time. Whew!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's really good! And your gym sounds great--I get to watch bad daytime television with the sound off and captioners malfunctioning while I'm on the treadmill at work.

Amy said...

Welcome back!!! Wow! That is great progress! Almost 20 pounds! Ahhhhh... if only.... 8-)

I will go with you to the gym! I kind of miss the variety of a real gym.

We need to get together. I was going to suggest lunch one day - but in light of the diet front - perhaps a gym visit is more in order.

Emily said...

Julie, that's awesome! And we're glad to have you back!