Tuesday, December 19, 2006

There is no connection

I am convinced there is no connection between what you eat and how much you weigh. I don't believe it exists. I just had a long conversation with people at work - they were teasing me about not eating all of the junk that is around or ordering out lunch with them... I said - I wouldn't MIND all of the dieting I do if I actually ever saw any results. Which I don't. I was 215.6 today - again.

Today so far I have eaten a clemantine, 2T of hummus and six baby carrots and 10 grape tomatoes (or it may have been 8 grape tomatoes). I also had ONE chocolate covered pretzel. I drank 32 oz of water before I left my house - I have been drinking half caff coffee with skim milk. I even got Kristy a Fa La Latte (she drinks one EVERY DAY! why doesn't SHE have a weight problem?) and nothing for myself. I have back to back meetings all afternoon - so I don't know if I will drink my other 32 oz of water before I finish work - I don't want to have to take constant bathroom breaks...

I didn't exercise last night. I ended up doing something - which I can't remember now. Katie - what did I end up doing? I went to Mom and Dad's after work - which made dinner late and then we packed our lunches after that. That can take time - especially since we are trying to be exact with this phase of diet.

I love this diet. The food is all healthy and tastey. I feel smug looking at my good collections of food in my lunch bag. The only problem is that since it allows most foods (it is moderation that is taught) it is easy to cheat - like having a chocolate covered pretzel. One is definitely moderation - but it was still probably 60 or 80 calories. When you are shooting for 1300 total that can easily push you over the top. Figuring 300-400 per meal, that doesn't leave you with a big buffer. You know? Last night I did cheat. I had pistachio nuts. Again - that is generally a good, healthy, not super high in calories, snack - but it was still probably about 140-150 calories.

No comments: