Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weigh-in for me

145 even.  Already today is going much worse than yesterday -- we went to bed ridiculously late (Daniel is headed out of town today, so we stayed up to watch the last episode of our show even though it was double length, because we didn't want to stop halfway through the finale) so after I got the kids up I went back to bed for 45 minutes and completely missed exercising.  And I didn't have enough calories yesterday and my body is already figuring out this whole calorie deficit thing and does NOT like it, so I am hungry and munch-y today.  I had a latte mid-morning (to see Daniel off with, of course!) in addition to my regular breakfast, which adds an extra hundred calories right away.

AND there is a shortage of healthy food in the house -- we are out of pretty much every kind of fruit and vegetables (except raisins, some old kale I bought for Girl Scouts and a handful of baby carrots) and out of bread because I keep forgetting to throw it in the bread machine and because I haven't been to the grocery store for a normal shopping trip in a week.  So I can still manage my usual breakfast, but lunch is kind of a scrounge -- so far I've had half a can of vegetable barley soup (yummy) and some sandwich meat without the sandwich (isn't there a word for those?  They serve them all rolled up at lunch buffets.  And breakfast buffets, on the continent, only I don't think they even bother to roll them and they invariably have some weird seasoning in them that makes them taste diseased).  I'll probably round it out with a handful of almonds and give up.

I should be able to squeeze in some Wii time this afternoon, only I fear that the kids will hover around instead of getting schoolwork done.  It would certainly be more useful to me than spending time posting.  Or killing virtual zombies.

No comments: