Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend update

Like Emily, I didn't completely tank this weekend either, AND I haven't eaten one Girl Scout cookie yet.  We've been too busy.  We'll separate the cookies tonight so we can deliver them and THEN 'll eat cookies.

I gave up tracking calories on Saturday--I know I went way overboard, but one day off a week is OK, right?  Sunday I didn't eat well either, but I kept my portions smallish and didn't snack at all, so even though we went to Noodles and Co. for lunch and I made sausage, eggs, and biscuits for dinner, I only ended up 100 calories over my goal for the day, and between that and actual exercise (running!  Walking!  Pacing around for two hours at a Girl Scout event!  Laundry (that's exercise, right?)!) I made it through the weekend without gaining any weight between Friday and Monday.  I didn't bother to check my weight on Sunday.

My pedometer chose Sunday morning to refuse to work.  There's a blinky "low battery" warning light and the instructions say it won't count any more steps until I replace the battery, so on the ONE DAY that I wanted to count my steps because I'd almost certainly have an impressive number, I wasn't able to do it.

So I'm now one week into this - yay me - and according to the scale I'm 2.5 pounds down for the week. Another half pound and I'l be down into the 140s, which is where I gave up the last time because once I hit a number beginning with 1-4 I decided that was close enough to my goal and it was time to overeat again.  This week we've got a Thanksgiving potluck at work on Wednesday and Girl Scout cookies all week, but otherwise no obvious opportunities for overeating.

No comments: