Tuesday, November 19, 2013

150! Or maybe not.

Got up this morning, weighed myself immediately--150.  Woo-hoo!  Three pounds down from last week, a little down from yesterday.  That weight seemed legitimate.

Then I went downstairs, got breakfast for Claire, went back upstairs to take a shower and weighed myself again.  151.4.  Huh?  How is it even possible to gain 1.4 pounds in less than ten minutes while eating and drinking nothing and only walking around a little bit?  So I'm not sure which weight is my "actual" weight, but in either case I'm on a downward trend and that's where I want to be.

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  For the first time in a week I didn't snack at all, and didn't get into the candy bowl at work (that may have had more to do with the fact that the candy bowl was down to the post-Halloween dregs, consisting of just a few of those flavored Tootsie Rolls, and not even the vanilla ones that are at least a little bit good.  Why do they even bother making orange and lime Tootsie Rolls?  They are always the last thing left from the mixes they sell - and from what I can tell they are *only* sold in those mixes - and as far as I know, no one actually likes them.  Have you ever seen anyone dig past the chocolate Tootsie Rolls to get to the orange ones?). But my pedometer is still in need of a battery and I still didn't get any exercise, so I can't say it was a perfect day.

No comments: