Friday, November 22, 2013

Rough week

After Tuesday, things got really busy.  Well, not as busy as last week actually, but stuff conspired to keep me away from my computer.  On Wednesday I arrived to find that my computer wouldn't boot up properly, so I didn't have access to it until the afternoon, then yesterday I spent all morning and part of the afternoon at home waiting for the plumber.  Both of these were really bad timing because I had two grants due this week. I just finished one of them, so I'm taking a moment to update here.

Not that there's much to report.  I went over my calorie goal twice this week, each time by about 100 calories--not enough to do major damage, but more than I need to do, especially with getting no exercise.  I blame the bread.  I got a couple of loaves of sourdough bread from Atwaters earlier this week, one for dinner at home and one for a potluck at work.  Of course they won't sell you quarter loaves, which is about what I needed for these meals, so now I have this delicious bread hanging around, and I can't stay away.  A slice of bread doesn't make me feel guilty like, say, a Fun Size Snickers might, but it has the same effect on my diet!  My weight is staying steady--amazing how you can lose weight so quickly one week and have it grind to a halt the next.  Next week's goal will be to get three days of exercise.  Just three--I'm not aiming for the 10 hours a week I got at one point in my life!  An hour and a half in a week will do fine to start.

I also need to get a new battery for my pedometer.  I think wearing it encourages me to keep moving, even on days with no exercise.  Without it, I don't stand and march in place while brushing my teeth, tyring to hit the next level before I go to bed, and I don't take the long way around campus to get back to my office.

No comments: