Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Wednesday (sticking with the creative titles)

Wouldn't it be nice if the weight you lose on the first couple of days of watching your diet stuck around?  I was down a pound and a half today.  If that kept up, I'd be done in a week!

No exercise yesterday.  No surprise.  Today is more of the same--no lunch break because I have to leave at 3:00- for a dentist appointment, then I have to take Claire to an international trip group meeting this evening, and while she's there Connor and I will go shopping for Girl Scout supplies.  I'm not sure when we're going to eat dinner.  Brian teaches tonight and then is going to his hacker space meeting afterwards, so he doesn't get home until around midnight, so I'm in charge of everything at home tonight.  I started a pork roast in the crock pot this morning, but I don't know if we'll have time to eat between the dentist and the trip group meeting, so it might be a really late dinner (yet another reason why Game On wouldn't work for me right now).  This is also why my eating and exercise has been so horrible lately--this kind of schedule is pretty much every day this semester.  Between Claire and me we have four Girl Scout meetings this week, Brian teaches two days, has his hacker space one or two days, we're scheduled to clean the church this week (need to find time for that), we have to pick up our race packets for the Color Run either Friday night or Saturday during the day, then the run on Sunday, plus Girl Scout cookie pickup on Sunday, plus a Girl Scout weekend event Sunday afternoon, plus Lucy's party and mom and dad's thing on Saturday, plus a doctor's appointment and a dentist appointment midday during the week, and Claire is helping break down the set after the fall play, so needs late pickup from school twice this week.  And trying to fit in 38 hours at work.  Fortunately our Saturday daytime thing (babysitting at a church retreat) got cancelled, so we'll actually be able to do all these things--otherwise we would have had to figure out a way to both clean the church and get downtown for packet pickup on Friday after work.  And this is a normal week!  Usually there's not more going on, but there's seldom less.  This is why I come home and make spaghetti with bottled sauce or frozen pizza for dinner and no vegetable, and why I don't exercise, and why I don't get to visit Lucy, and why my hair has needed cutting for six months, and why clean laundry doesn't make it much further than laundry baskets in the basement and why my car's registration will be suspended next week because we haven't gotten the emissions inspection done!  Oh yeah, I have to find some time to get to an emissions inspection station so my car's registration doesn't get suspended.

So it'll be 1200 calories again today and no exercise.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  At least I'll get some exercise on Sunday!  It'll be more like the Color Walk and Occasionally Jog, but at least we'll be moving!

No comments: