Thursday, November 14, 2013

New, brilliant diet plan

The evening has always been the toughest time for me when I'm trying to cut calories.  I come home from work and want to eat everything I see--the time between 6:00 and whenever we eat dinner is the most dangerous time of day.

Yesterday I got a filling at 4:15.  It was a deep filling, and the novacaine didn't take at first--it took three shots of the stuff.  By the time I got home it was 6:20 and I had 25 minutes to make dinner, eat, and get the kids out the door for Claire's 7:00 meeting.  I already had pork in the crock pot and it smelled amazing.  Getting dinner ready wasn't too much of a rush, but when I took a bite I realized quickly that this was a very bad idea--I couldn't feel my tongue so chewing and swallowing might cause me bodily harm.  So I left my dinner, took the kids out, got home a little after 9:00, by which time I really wasn't that hungry.

So I think to avoid the danger of snacking in the early evening I just need to always schedule painful dental work during that time period!  Or maybe just learn to shoot myself with novacaine so I can't chew.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oragel has a similar effect and is topical and can be gotten at the drugstore. Save yourself the deep shots.

Amy said...

I have considered getting my jaw wired shut. Cheaper than bypass surgery.

Sarah said...

Oragel! Brilliant!