Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Weigh-in day

153 even today.  Ugh.  That's ten pounds up from the spring and 15+ up from where I'd like to be.  But at least now I know what my starting point is.

I realized another difficulty when I weighed myself this morning.  I used to get up 20 minutes or so before Claire so I could make coffee, take a shower, etc.  Now that she has to get up at 5:30ish, there's no way I'm getting up earlier than she does so instead of immediately heading to the bathroom where I can weigh myself, now in the mornings I immediately head to the kitchen where I have about two minutes to make a pot of coffee before Claire's alarm goes off.  I have priorities.

I can guarantee no exercise today.  I have to leave work around 12:45 to pick up Connor from school and take him to an appointment with a psychologist at Hopkins.  That should take most of the afternoon, then I have to pick up Claire from school at 5:00, then I have a leader's meeting at 7:00, and between the Claire pick up and the meeting I have to make dinner.  Yesterday even with two brief walks that I took while at work I only hit 6000 steps on my pedometer.

3 comments:

Emily said...

It has been a very long time since I hit 10,000 on the pedometer. Even with the Wii and raking leaves yesterday and needing to go to the church, which adds a few hundred just getting in and out, I still only hit 7200.

Emily said...

Doctor's offices should have treadmills and ellipticals instead of uncomfortable boxy chairs. They're always after us to get in better shape, but then they keep us sitting still for hours on end waiting for them, thus guaranteeing that we will lose whatever available time we had that day.

Emily said...

*Doctors'