Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tuesday? Really?

I don't know why I can't seem to remember to post on Tuesdays. I look at the blog on OTHER days! My weight was 139.5 this week -- just a half pound up from last week, remarkably. I realized I was eating just as much junk food without my Easter basket, by dipping into the general collection of candy. So instead I got my basket back and put a bunch of it into the family collection, which balanced things out a bit. Only I hadn't counted on Mother's Day -- spaghetti and meatballs and MORE chocolate!

I've been exercising still just the one or two days a week, but I've been so busy otherwise that I'm not just constantly eating, and my step count isn't too bad. I'm eating meatless lunches still -- I find that I'm completely hooked on hummus on toast and these organic soups we've been getting. I'm not sure that it really reduces the calorie count, but I'm liking the lighter taste of the meals. We're aiming to cook meat only once a week at most -- seafood and vegetarian the other days -- but so far we haven't settled into a routine, because of baseball nights, Easter, Mother's Day, an approaching birthday (chicken tenders for the kids' party, pizza with the family), and a night of pizza at home (which I'd been craving through Lent). And that's just in two weeks! Surely it has to calm down soon.

No comments: