Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Shoot. I missed Tuesday.

I was actually on here and responding to comments and everything -- I just didn't get around to posting. Which is fitting, because even though I had all my normal Tuesday stuff going on, it did not feel like a Tuesday all day.

My weight was 139.0. I started to go up over 140 but I made Mary hide my basket, which worked a little bit -- there is still a lot of other candy around the house but I'm less inclined to be a total pig on the shared candy. Only a minor pig. So I'm not losing weight but I'm not gaining dramatically (yet). And when I got down under 139 -- my breaking point -- and my basket was out again, I shared freely. Only today I was up to the 139 again, so the basket has gone away. Since today I ate a couple of Cadbury eggs anyway, I'm not expecting a drop tomorrow. But I'm also not getting into my post-Easter free-for-all mode, at least not entirely, so when the candy dries up I might be able to keep the calorie counting going. We shall see.

I felt pretty icky last week most of the week, but after the first day it didn't seem like a dairy issue -- I think in the end that that was just coincidence. I think it was just the all-around bad eating. I do strongly suspect I'd feel better more of the time if I ate like I did during Lent more of the time. I'm finding I'm not as enamored of breakfast cereals as I was two months ago; if it didn't take 10 minutes longer I'd be back to daily oatmeal (but I'm still eating it a few days a week). But I LIKE the foods I eat most of the time! So I think I'll go on feeling icky sometimes and just trying to keep calories down, the way I always have.

I read an article on SparkPeople today that said the most effective exercise is the one you love to do. Several commenters said they simply haven't found an exercise they love. I'm kind of the same way -- I have a number of activities I like, like cycling, swimming, and tap dancing, but none that I wouldn't get tired of if I tried to do them five days a week. I like cycling about once a week if the weather is great, and I like it for commuting. I like tap dancing when it's part of a production but not really for its own sake. I like swimming about once a week. And NONE of these is practical for me on a weekly basis right now anyway, so it's not like I can rotate through them (and I'd still get bored of them because I'd know I NEED to do them). I accept that I'm not going to love any exercise that much -- of course I'd rather be reading a book or wasting time online or baking or doing something else at home -- but I do boring exercises WHILE I read a book because I need to do something for my physical well-being.

No comments: