Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Slow and Steady wins the race...

I'm down .5 today (219)  To meet my June 1 goal I have to lose 9lbs in 3 weeks.  I don't think this is logical but I'll give it a go.  Food wise I've been "ok".  Nothing spectacular but I haven't been restricting myself either.  Today I made a bad lunch choice at Poulet.  I should have brought my lunch :)

My neighborhood ladies decided that we were going to start a walking club.  We walk on Mondays and Wednesdays.  Monday nights we go to the Ma Pa trail and we did 3.5 miles last night and it felt GREAT!  Wednesdays we will just walk 2 miles in the neighborhood.  I think I'm going to run either a half mile or mile in the neighborhood before I meet up with them...then walk the 2 miles.  I'm LOVING this time!  Aerobics is still on Tuesday nights but only until May 24th.  As far as this weekend goes...Friday night I went to the zoo on the first grade fieldtrip so I walked ALL DAY.  Saturday I ran/walked 2 miles.  Sunday I did nothing b/c it was mother's day :) 

I've just read an article that interviewed the authors of The Diet Survivor's Handbook: 60 Lessons in Eating, Acceptance and Self Care, Judith Matz and Ellen Frankel.  Fascinating stuff!!!  I think Mason and I are going to pick up the book tonight at Barnes and Noble.  I can totally get behind what they're talking about.  I definitely need to improve the relationship I have with food!  Has anyone read it?  I know it is in Amy's wish list...I'll let ya'll know what I think.

This is my crazy time of year...work wise with Open Enrollment so I'll probably be kind of out of the loop for a few weeks but I'll be back! :)

No comments: