Tuesday, May 24, 2011

140.5 -- Ha!

My weight has been increasing and leapt from 141.5 to 143.5 over the weekend. It was abrupt, but true to the spirit of my lifestyle lately. So I finally got back on track yesterday with counting calories (and trying to make sure very few of them were empty). I was just hoping for anything lower than 143.5 today, and I got an unrealistic 140.5. So I don't know what my weight REALLY should be. Probably about 142. So if I can see 140.5 next week I'll know I'm moving the right direction.

The one positive change this past week is that Daniel and I have started going for walks in the evenings after the kids are in bed. Weather permitting, of course -- we did have a pretty exciting thunderstorm one evening, so we vacuumed up water from the overfull french drain instead of going out for a walk. (We bought a pump to do this job several years ago, but now it doesn't see the need to come on anymore, after only a few uses. Sigh.) It's not a demanding or challenging walk -- we want to stay in view of the house, so we're just walking the loop in front of the school, which is totally flat. But I'm picking up 3,000 to 5,000 steps I wouldn't otherwise, so it can't hurt, especially since I'm not getting much exercise most days. And it REALLY beats sitting in front of the TV or the computers and snacking!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I talked to Daniel last night and he said his weight ALSO went up suddenly this weekend and down suddenly yesterday. So maybe the 140.5 from yesterday wasn't completely wrong, and the 143.5 this weekend was. Hard to say. Today was 140.0. Nice to see, even if I don't believe it.