Monday, May 16, 2011

Running in the Rain...

Last night after I put Livie to sleep (around 7:30) I decided I wanted to go for a run.  I headed out and realized that a storm was brewing.  I was pretty sure I could make it back before the rain....so out I went.  I headed out for my 2 mile run/walk.  I decided I was going to run to a timer b/c I'll cheat distance but I won't cheat a timer.  Where I'll stop running a little before the end of a distance goal...I will run straight until the timer goes off (at least I know my limitations, LOL).  So I set my timer for 10 minutes and took off at a pretty good pace.  I was thrilled at how easily I was able to do it.  After the buzzer went off I started to walk for a bit.  After about 30 seconds of walking the heavens opened up and God unleashed his furry in the form of a DOWNPOUR!  I still had about 3/4 of a mile to get home...I just started running and laughing!!!  I was drenched when I got home.  My hair was dripping and I looked like I had been in a wet t-shirt contest :)  It was pretty comical!  But I ran basically a total of 20 minutes without stopping!!!  THIS WAS A HUGE breakthrough and I have the rain to thank for it!!!

Just thought I'd share...:)

2 comments:

Amy said...

It is amazing what a little bit of lightening chasing you down the street can do!! Good job!!

Emily said...

What fun! Running through the rain and arriving home soaked -- followed by a hot bath and some tea, hot chocolate, or wine, of course -- is a great pleasure in life. And good for you for running so well!