Tuesday, May 10, 2011

One week later

So I haven't lost my five pounds of post-nasal drip yet. I did lose 1.8 of them. So that is a start. I should go back and read old blog entries for spring. I don't recall ever in my life having the post Easter weight gain that Emily talks about. I know I eat a lot ON Easter - and I know I have Easter candy for weeks following Easter - but it isn't like Halloween and Christmas, where I have the candy and eat it too, and spend the next three months avoiding going outside. Easter I have candy - and it often lingers for a long time - but I am not in hibernation mode, so I don't eat as much of it and I don't have as much time to eat it because there are other events going on.

My eating at Sheep and Wool festival was bad, but wasn't HORRIBLE. I had a Gyros on Saturday and a large limeade. Then Sunday I had a petite cheese burger and two large strawberry lemonades. I scraped together my last few dollars and borrowed two from Katie and bought some cinnamon almonds - which I ate all gone on the way home. So Sunday was worse than Saturday - but not awful considering it was festival food. OTOH, I spent about the equivalent of a week's worth of groceries on the food. Grrr. So Katie and I are back to Green Monstering with frozen spinach. Ick.

Exercise was OK last week. I took a couple of walks, did yoga (which, BTW, I was mentally deranged at - I had my migraine all last week that came and went in waves - and it was on an upswing during yoga - and I could not keep my balance for anything - and then twisted my arm weirdly doing a DWFD and it still hurts from that!). I took a nap after yoga so my headache was better by clogging - which was a lot of fun - as usual! We don't have clogging this week (conflict with the school or something) but Pam sent us the cue sheets and music for the dance we have been working on - so Katie and I will clog in our kitchen - or maybe the yoga room. Kitchen probably. We will have to do it at full speed since I can't download clog-amp on my Mac.

I have a new challenge for me. Katie and I are going to do a sweater knit along (we are going to do the same pattern, differnt yarns - BTW, Emily, if you want to do it too it would be a very good first sweater pattern for you - I will email the deets to you). So, my plan is to order the yarn - which will take about 6 weeks to get here (custom dyed). By that time I want to finish Sarah's sweater. I am about 6 rows from the armhole split - which means I am more than a third of the way through. I could do this in six weeks. So - the clock will start ticking as soon as I place my order... YAY!

No comments: