Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Do the "skinny" Girl Rock!!!

I changed the words of the song...I'm so freakin excited.  I lost 1.5lbs last week!!!!!!!  I ran like a mad woman on Saturday with a friend (she nearly killed me) and although I've been skipping Aerobics to squish on my little baby girl *who is crawling BTW*; I've not missed a night of run/walking.  So that takes me down to 217.5.  Looking at goals, I technically have 7.5 to go to June 1st (unreasonable, I think) and 17.5 to Ireland (5 weeks from now, also unreasonable) but I'm not really that worried about it!!!  I'm just excited I keep losing. 

This is so different from EVERY other way I've ever lived my adult life.  I have always ALWAYS ALWAYS been obsessed with dieting and my weight.  I'm sure that is why I'm in the predicament I'm in now...However, this time is totally different.  I am really enjoying this new lifestyle.  I love eating well and not feeling stuffed and gross.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE my green monster.  I eat everything I really love to eat, just in moderation.  I have started to really think about portion control and noticing when I'm full.  I have also added exercise to my daily routine.  I can't say that this is my favorite part but I do it b/c I feel good afterwards and I KNOW this is what is making my weight loss possible. 

Today is a good day!!!

No comments: