Monday, May 16, 2011

So now the clock is ticking!!

I have officially ordered the yarn for my next sweater - which means that I have to finish Sarah's sweater before that arrives. So - I better get busy on that! I don't think it should be a problem. I finished the body (front and back) up to the armhole split. I have started on the left front. That I should be able to finish tonight. Then the right front (only a few days for that). Then the back - maybe a week. The big challenge will be the sleeves and the button bands. I heard one person describing knitting sleeves to knitting kneesocks - which no one does because it takes too long. OTOH socks are done on toothpicks with thread and sleeves are done on knitting needles with yarn - so it can't be THAT bad! I will keep you posted.

In other news I had no ingredients to green monster on Saturday and didn't get to the store until Sunday (except for one abortive attempt where I got as far as the parking lot of the grocery store and realized I had no way to PAY so I went home). Anyway, after chuch yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought a BUNCH of ingredients and promptly came home and made one last night. I was REALLY missing it!! It tasted so good last night!!!

Today I ordered a new blender from Amazon. Mine has been acting suspiciously for a while now. Today it was sort of surging and smelling like burnt rubber. I don't want to be left without any way to whomp a green monster in the future (although, I could probably use the food processor... we already figured out that the immersion blender doesn't do it...).

On Saturday I went to the all time weirdest home show. It was for a company called Norwex. My good friend Patty has just signed up to become a consultant. Norwex is green cleaning products. Who would think it is a good idea to sell cleaning products through direct sales...? However, the woman said that these are used in the majority of homes in Europe and 1 in 7 homes in the Canada. It is just now starting to be sold in the US. I gotta say - you know I hate to clean - but I was very impressed. It was SO COOL! But - don't worry - you will all have a chance to see this stuff for yourself. I told Patty I would do a party for her in July (so I can earn the Mop System... hee hee). I am not kidding though. I was REALLY impressed!!! BTW - Norwex stands for Norwegian Experience - so Emily - you will need to arrange to be in town for it so you can tell us if it really is like living in Norway. Ha Ha!! Wear Cecilia's dress. LOL!

No comments: