Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Why are zombies all the rage these days?

I actually did a demonstration on spatial aggregation of data in my mapping class last week using a fake (obviously) data set I made up regarding the distribution of zombie attacks in central Maryland. Then we compared the distributions when the attacks were aggregated by zip code, by county and by census tract.

Anyways, I feel like a zombie. I've put into motion the possibility for some major changes in my day to day life that look like they could come to fruition in the next few weeks. With those changes I am really optimistic about a number of things, and high on that list is regaining control of my body and my super gross fatness situation. I am hopeful that everything will come together like I want it to, otherwise I am not sure what my plan B will exactly entail. I'll cross that bridge if I have to. I do find it interesting that my lowest adult weight was at a time in my life when I was most unsettled relationship-wise, and subsequently my highest adult weight comes a few years later when I am unsettled professionally.

Well, to those of you sticking to your plans: congratulations. I am proud of you and I hope to join your "team" by the end of this year. But for now, I am stuck in survival mode.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I love that you were tracking the stats of zombie attacks in MD. Hee hee!!

Zombies really are the monster you can't quite take seriously... you know? I mean, no matter how scary they are in concept, they still have bits falling off.