Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fat, fat, fat

Can I just use this post to talk about how much fun it was to bike up to York and back this weekend and not to even mention that I gained *another* pound (more, actually--up to 149.2!) this week?

Ugh, that was a shock--I thought I'd at least hold steady from last week. I haven't been weighing myself daily (need to get back to that) so I wasn't aware of the gain until today, and I figured I haven't really been eating more than usual, while my exercise has been pretty consistent. Clearly I was wrong.

But the cycling! That was fun. Good people, gorgeous weather - seriously, when is it ever that nice in November? - pretty route, fun riding. The trail in Maryland is better than the one in Pennsylvania, although you wouldn't think so to look at it. The Pennsylvania side is pretty uniformly surfaced with fine gravel, and is generally wider than the trail through Maryland, plus it runs alongside more things that are worth stopping for--lots of places to eat, some historic sites, and a winery that we stopped at on Saturday. But the gravel makes it really noisy, which was my biggest complaint, and it seems to be more heavily used (maybe not as packed as the NCR Trail is at the southern end, but there are more people up and down the whole route, so you don't often get the trail completely to yourself). The Maryland side has you dodging more rocks and potholes, but the surface is much quieter, and in the places where it's it good shape (which is a lot of it) it's almost as good as paved. We made pretty good time while we were riding, and had several long, leisurely stops (where I ate and drank too much, obviously, or I would have lost weight). It really was a perfect weekend.

No comments: