Tuesday, November 09, 2010

e Coli and Zombies

So, Katie and I have e coli. Or so we have been telling everyone. This is Sarah's fault, but I am not entirely sure I am kidding... We had some of the Baugher's cider that was recalled for e coli. We joked about it as we guzzled it down. However, ever since we have both been having horrible gas cramps and queasiness. More than NORMAL that is. I did look up the symptoms of e coli and many adults who have it never present any symptoms. However, queasiness, abdominal cramping and bloody diarrhea are typical symptoms. We have a and b, but (and I can't speak for Katie here) no c. Thank goodness. But I am getting tired of going to bed hoping I don't end up throwing up. Sunday night I lay in bed planning out how Katie and I could both be sick in the upstairs bathroom at the same time. Ugh. So. E coli.

Or it could be post nasal drip. That has the same symptoms as e coli. Or possible we have been eating too much Halloween candy.

Regardless, I weighed myself for the first time since I got back from Canada. I was worried about this. I have a HIGH WATER mark that is the point where I need to cut off my head to maintain my weight. I went above it in June - spent the summer getting below it again (successfully) had a BAD relapse right before the cruise, but got back down after the cruise. I was worried that I would need to set a new cut off my head level this morning, but I didn't. I was below the original (which, incidentally, is about 25 pounds above the ORIGINAL original high water mark, sigh) horrors level.

I am glad that October is over. It is always so stressful. Fun. Beautiful, but stressful. I forgot I am supposed to be walking 500 miles in a year beginning in September. I was good for that month - but didn't do ANY extra walking in October. I need to start walking laps after breakfast, lunch and dinner, like I did on the cruise. Katie has been SO GOOD walking or biking to and from work each day. I would love to have a built in exercise plan. I told April today that we need to do two walks a day - for about 20 minutes each. We need to NOT worry about switching into walking shoes, but we just need to get up and walk. She is on board with that. She is going to Ireland in June and wants to lose enough weight to be comfortable sitting on a plan for six hours. I want to lose enough that I am not ashamed when we buy our bridesmaid dresses for Katie's wedding.

OH! I had a good dream/bad dream the other night. I dreamed I was marrying Colin Fergueson (yum!). Katie and I went dress shopping, but everyone wanted to sell a dress to HER and not ME. I kept saying "But I am the one shopping for a dress." and the shop ladies would say "Of course you are, dear..." in that annoying "you keep telling yourself that" way. There were no dresses that would fit me, except one - that actually made me look very skinny (skinny like I was for Sarah's wedding). It wasn't the dress I wanted, but it fit perfectly. I asked the lady if all of the dresses were size the same (so I could order that size in the dress I wanted) she said yes. Then I asked her what size it was. She said 28!!!!! Sigh. Maybe I do need some anxiety medicine. But, Colin Ferguson...

Anyway, I just put in the bit about zombies to get you to read my post. Hee hee...

3 comments:

Emily said...

Geez... I re-read all the way to the end thinking I'd missed something about zombies, but it was just a fake-out! Sheesh. I am so gullible.

Zombies are probably what you and Katie will feel like if the e. coli thing turns out to be real and you're throwing up all night one or two nights. See, that's where I thought you were going...

Julie S said...

You drank the cider AFTER knowing it was recalled for e coli, or before?

Amy said...

Mostly before. About 2/3 before, but we figured if we hadn't already gotten sick the last bit wouldn't matter - and even if we HAD gotten sick, we already had it and the last bit wouldn't matter. So we drank it all. It was really good cider.

WebMD said that e coli isn't necessarily bad in adults. I think Katie and I have so many stomach issues (me mostly but Katie is catching up) that a little bit of e coli won't bother us.