Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Where have all the good zombies gone?

The zombie line worked for Amy so now I'm luring you into my zombie trap. Maybe if I could get some zombies to chase me around for a few miles I'd be ready for the Celtic Solstice next month. Maybe.

So I too, like Emily, have been plagued by the plague. A nasty cold that has lasted more than a week, although it was bad for only a few days. Still, it kept me from working out most of last week.

I finally got on the bike on Friday and stayed busy all weekend with walking and a hike Sunday. Besides feeling a bit tired I'm raring to go.

I decided on Monday to get back to running and while on my way back, feeling pretty good I might add, my left calf muscle seized up on me. Argh! I went to my massage therapist that night and he worked out most of the tension but it's still sore. I'm going to make sure it feels good before I run again. I'm starting the ice and heat combo along with some stretching.

That's the bad news. The good news is I can bike and had no trouble last night doing a workout on the trainer along with my ab/weight workout. So that's a relief.

Sarah and I will be the biking wounded this weekend with my calf and her sore butt. We'll make quite the pair.

Meanwhile, I'm trimming down and shedding pounds and am motivated by that to keep up the workouts. A friend passed along some of her bootcamp workouts -- ouch. Still, it's good to change up the workouts and add harder exercises to challenge my muscles and avoid getting bored.

Let those zombies chase me into six-pack land.

No comments: