Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weigh in day

My weight this morning was on the higher end of my 3 pound range - but it wasn't as high as I thought it would be - which is good.

As I was making my breakfast this morning I decided I needed to structurize my lunch a little bit more. I am GREAT with my breakfast (poached eggs, gluten free toast, and orange juice) and I am pretty good with dinner - most of the time... especially when Katie cooks. But I stink at lunch. I don't mind eating the same thing every day forever as long as I like it OK - but I have yet to come up with something that I CAN eat everyday forever for lunch. I think when I think about it a peanut butter an pickle sandwich, fruit and yogurt would be my top choice for lunch - but I really can't stand gluten free bread for sandwiches. I have considered going back to my regular whole grain light bread - but two weeks ago I finished off a loaf of that (since Katie hasn't been eating breakfast with me in the morning, that bread was just going to go moldy anyway) and ALL week I had the worst gas. It is very possible - probable in fact - that it wasn't the bread causing it - but it is an easy fix, just in case that was what was causing it. I have come to the conclusion that it is just food in general that gives me gas and reflux, and there isn't much I can do about it - if I cut one thing out, something else will become my trigger. Lately I have been noticing reflux from my coffee - even with the lactose free milk. Sigh.

Exercise... Sigh. Last night I got a craving to go to the gym and work out - but sadly, it was 10:30pm - which was too late to get changed and get there. I wish it were safe to walk at night. Maybe I should start borrowing Murphy from John and taking him (Murphy, not John) for a night time walk. I am actually looking forward to having my exercise room - but I think that is mostly from a decorating stand point and not an exercise stand point. Although, the idea of having a space to spread out a yoga mat, and have blank wall to work with is really exciting to me. I would love to do a daily yoga routine.

Mom - regarding Laura leaving... it really is natural attrition. She is working in Laurel now. With gas prices the way they are - and the amount of time it takes to travel there and back, it became too stressful to continue the commute. She is moving to an apartment in a house in Catonsville. I told her she is more than welcome to move back with me at any time (although I am excited about having the extra space) and if I ever buy a house in Catonsville she can move back in with me.

Did anyone else see Donna Downey's before and after pictures? I know she has been making great progress -but I have to say I am SO proud of her. If you watch her little video about it she says that it is a lot of work. I am glad she said that, because all along she has been making it seem so easy. And she got me back into the mode of GOT TO EXERCISE MORE. Sigh.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, Donna *does* look amazing! But how come other people can be a size 6 at 158 pounds and I was barely an 8 twenty pounds below that? Sigh.

Is structurizing anything like applying strategery? ;-)

Coffee often gives me reflux, and I have nothing like your reflux troubles. It's just so acidic that half the work of reflux is done for you on the way down.

Wish I had some useful advice for you instead of just a running commentary! The kids love peanut butter sandwiches on graham crackers -- is there a gluten-free graham cracker equivalent, I wonder?

Amy said...

Actually - the graham cracker suggestion isn't bad. I will have to check into that. Even regular graham crackers don't seem to bother me too much - so if I can't find a gluten free version, maybe I can do regular ones. Or hummus and flax crackers. I like that too.

Sarah said...

That bugs me too about people being my weight but a size six or eight. Even if I got back down to 118 pounds, I'd still be a size ten!