Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Nothing to report again

I totally forgot to weigh myself this morning. I thought vaguely about it - and had I rememebered it was Tuesday I would have - but I didn't, so I didn't. I have no idea how much I weigh. I haven't been on the scale in over a week. I haven't exercised in FOREVER - with the exception of the walk to church last Wendesday and a short bout of badmitton and about three miles of non aerobic walking on Friday. The badmitten was surprising effective. It was SO much fun - as much fun as I remember from my childhood - and the next day I felt it in my quads and abs. Not BADLY - but I could tell I had been jumping and bending the day before. I now want to get a badmittin set. (Did anyone notice I spelled badmitten differently each time? Maybe one is right...)

Sarah has me on this bicycle kick now. I want one of the cute comfort bikes! I want one badly enough that I am seriously considering learning how to ride. My plan is that KATIE should buy one - and then I will learn to ride it - and then I can buy one after I learn. This is perfect for her to ride to school. She can get a nice basket to carry her books in. Awwwwwwww.

My instant pudding kick has eased off. Did I mention that here? I was going through this major instant pudding kick. I think I was needing the milk - but my brain translated it into instant pistachio pudding. Now I am eating the ice pops. Lower calories - no redeeming food value - and giving me reflux. This is good actually because I then eat Tums - which give me calcium. 8-)

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Badminton. Yeah, you wouldn't think it. You should've gotten shuttlecock in there, too. Great word.

Biking is great. A guy friend of mine lost about 30 pounds switching from walking to biking. Argh! Men seem to be able to lose so easily.

Remember, craigslist is a great place to look for used bikes. You can start cheap then work your way up.

Julie S said...

Check out the MD Freecycle group too.