Tuesday, July 01, 2008

No Way!

Where is everyone? I can't believe the last entry is the one I made last week. It wasn't even an interesting entry!

I don't have a heck of a lot to say. I weighed myself this morning - but I wasn't paying that much attention to it. I can't remember what my weight was. However, I do know it was up - because I remember thinking - "Hummm, it must have been Katie's birthday weekend that did it." My weight was on a downward trend (which counts for NOTHING at my level - I have to be down by 8 pounds before I can actually see it as any sort of real trend...) last week - but today was right where it was before it started going down. Coincidentally we had I-Hop on Saturday and then Katie and I went to Padonia Station on Sunday (where I ate the insides of a meatball sub and the outsides of an order of onion rings - and several Tums later on).


I have been tracking my basal temperature for the past month. Rebecca asked me what my basal temp was (a low one is a sign of hypo thyroidism also). Anyway - How can you tell? My temp (which I always take at 5am when I first wake up) ranges GREATLY. This morning it was 96.5. That is low by anyone's standards. But yesterday it was 97.1 and the day before was 97.5. It most consistantly comes up either 97.1 or 97.3. HOWEVER, the time between ovulation and my period my most consistant temp was 97.6. 97.1 is low, 97.6 is in the normal range. I will probably run an average of all of the numbers to get ONE number - or maybe I will use 2 numbers. I don't know. I don't suppose it matters.

I just bought a big bag of freezer pops from Wal-Mart - you know the kind I used to be addicted to years ago. I am excited about these. They are the perfect summer snack food as far as I am concerned. Very low calorie, sweet, but last a while. Actually the bag isn't that big - I think it is only 36 pops.

I have no yoga tomorrow. I am pre-emptively missing it. I really like my yoga. I have to find something else to do. Unfortunately my alternative plan of using the pool at the gym was thwarted by the fact that the pool at the gym is closed for the next two weeks for its annual (it isn't even a year old!) maintenance. Sigh. Katie and I talked about going out to Liberty Resevoir to do some sort of boat thing... kayak or canoe or something...

1 comment:

Emily said...

I'm here! I've actually checked the blog all through the weekend, and today, but I've had nothing interesting to say -- except my weigh-in, which I haven't really had time to do, so I'll do that next.

Anyway. When I had PCOS (or whatever it was that responded to the PCOS medication -- I'm still not convinced you don't have the same issues I did) my normal pre-ovulation temp was in the 96s, sometimes even a smidge lower (but my thyroid tested as normal as can be over and over), and my post-ovulation temp was in the 97s. I never really tracked my temperature after I had kids until just this year, and now my pre-ovulation temp ranges from 96.8 to 97.4 or so, and post-ovulation it's 97.6 to 98.3 or so. It shifts slightly from month to month and I'm not sure why. The amount of sleep and the timing of you taking your temperature makes a difference -- one site I visit even offers corrections based on the difference between your regular time and your actual time, but I can't figure out what my regular time really is, so I don't worry about it too much.