Tuesday, July 29, 2008

142

I was up so early this morning that I forgot I should complain about that weight.  I have been consistently 140.5 or 141 for the whole last week.  But this whole week is going to be messed up.  I have to get up earlier than usual to get the kids dressed and breakfasted and their lunches packed before we have to head out the door.  Their zoo camp starts at 9 in Roanoke.  Then I'm stuck in Roanoke until 3.  

Yesterday Cecilia and I walked to the top of Mill Mountain to kill the first hour and then spent several hours in the zoo after it opened.  But this is a TINY zoo that only takes an hour, so by one o'clock, even after taking time for lunch and a snack and riding the zoo choo and playing on the playground and re-visiting the monkeys and the red panda and the really cool snakes, we were both ready to die of exhaustion and boredom.  So (out of numerous options) Cecilia chose for us to go shopping (what kind of shopping?  "Grocery store!" of course) so we went looking for a Kroger.  But she fell asleep and we ended up just driving around for 45 minutes before returning to the zoo.  We killed time at a kids' center we hadn't visited yet (and at their bathrooms -- Cecilia made about six potty trips yesterday) and finally got to go claim the kids at 3.  I walked 10,000 steps yesterday and ate less than usual, but this morning my weight was up.  Whatever.  I was so exhausted last night that I went to bed a 9:15.

Today, after that appalling 142, I'm in a Panera (with wireless, hooray!) and eating an asiago cheese bagel (with light cream cheese on top, of course -- I have to maximize the cheese) and helping Cecilia with her cookie.  Makes sense to me.  I will probably miss dinner tonight, because our church's dedication is tonight at dinner time and will go right up until bedtime, I suspect.  So I'll be wiped out again.

Tomorrow when I get home Daniel's parents will be there, and they'll be in town through Saturday.  And on Friday night I have a wedding rehearsal to attend (and said wedding is on Saturday).  So it's reasonably certain I'll be exhausted and eating wrong every day this week, after which Daniel is out of town for the next three days.  This is starting to seem comic!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I want to be an appalling 142 pounds. I think 142 was my lowest weight EVER - read that as
E. V. E. R. - in my entire life. That would have been around the time of Sarah's wedding.

Emily said...

You're also a lot taller than me. So 142 for you is a LOT lower (almost two BMI points, if I did the math right) than 142 for me. My lowest weight ever (post-adolescence) is 131, which is about the same as 142 for you.

What's appalling is that I've gained 11 pounds back when I KNOW what I have to do to lose weight and stay in shape but I just can't seem to be bothered about it. I don't want to be a yo-yo dieter because that's worse than a consistent so-so weight, but I'm on my second rise up in our three year program. 142 is not a terrible weight for me (it's solidly in the healthy weight range) but I have a small frame so it doesn't leave me with much of a cushion.

BTW, VERY cool that your weight is stabilizing!

Amy said...

I know - and I try to keep things in perspective. I am not even TRYING to hit 142 - I would be happy with 172 at this point - which is what I weighed when I started Jenny Craig.

I am going to say to you what I said to Sarah - maybe this ISN'T your lowest weight ever, however, if it IS solidly in the healthy range - and you aren't increasing at a rapid pace, maybe you should accept that number as your "norm." You are active, and you eat well for the most part, but I think there has to be a balance in life. If you are forever stressing about what you CAN'T eat and if you SHOULD be exercising, your quality of life diminshes. Yo-yo dieting is more people who lose a ton of weight then gain it ALL back - or gain it past where they started (like me - but I didn't ever get the Yo! part in the yo-yo.) and then start over again.