Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just testing me

OK - this whole training by body to recognize hunger has gotten to the phase where it (my body) is just testing me. I am SO HUNGRY! I haven't felt this hungry in years. And, I have no food. Usually I have some of the KIND bars in my drawer just in case I get hungry, but I ate my last one last week and haven't bought any more. I will have to do that soon. Anyway - so I know my body is just testing me right now... I have been telling myself (with habit changes and ALSO verbally) that I am not starving, I am not in a famine, I will feed me if I am hungry - and it seems to be working. As I have reported, my rapid increase in weight seems to have stalled (if not reversed) and in exchange, I am feeding me when I am hungry. However, about 40 minutes ago I got a wave of hunger that was really intense, and so, like the good citizen that I am, I fed the hungry belly - an orange. And I was satisfied. The orange was good. NOW - with the smell of orange still in my trashcan, by body is INSISTING that it is starving. What do I do? I don't want to get junk out of the machines. Sigh.

2 comments:

Julie S said...

Don't give in to the EVIL vending machines!!!!! You can last until you get some real food.

Speaking of starving, I am so hungry right now too. I am still at work. Been here since 7 am. Sigh. I have no life anymore.

Amy said...

LOL! I didn't give in. I found a REALLY squashed gluten free apple and cinnamon cereal bar in the bottom of my lunch bag. That was enough to stave off my impending demise from starvation.

Today I am going to go to the grocery store and stock up on foods that I can keep in my desk drawer. Currently all I have is tea and hot chocolate and tums.