Tuesday, January 04, 2011

No scale... no blow-dryer

I spent the night at Mom and Dad's last night, and so didn't weigh myself this morning. Dad wasn't up yet when I left, however, I did hear him coughing right around 7:45am, so I know he was OK. I left a note for him to call when he got up, but he hasn't yet.

I spent the evening reading the next book in the Material World series. It is called What I Eat - Around the World in 80 Diets. It is FASCINATING! What is most amazing to me is how there is virtually NO relationship to the number of calories a person eats and how much they weigh. I couldn't tell how much activity some people got, but in most industrial areas people seemed no more active than anywhere else in the world. Also - and again this is just my observations through someone eles's photos - it seemed to me that the people who eat the hyper healthy diets are the ones that look the most sickly!! So, go to your local library and check it out. There are some good articles about calories, diet, nutrition, etc.

No comments: