Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Day of reckoning

OK, I considered not weighing myself this morning (like last week) and then considered not reporting my weight (going Amy-style and just reporting general uppage or downage), and briefly considered lying about my weight (very old school) but instead here I am, first weigh-in of the year, to report that I gained five pounds over the Christmas break, all of it around my stomach, and I'm now 151.4 pounds. Yes indeed, I'm officially over my "OMG" weight and have to start all over again from where I was LAST year at roughly this same time.

The only consolation I have is that I really, truly thought that my gain would be more like 8 pounds. I feel like I'm carrying around an extra eight pounds.

I hadn't exercised at all since the race the week before Christmas until yesterday when I went to the gym again. I put in 45 minutes on the treadmill, but only about half of that was running. Maybe less, now that I think about it. People kept calling me and I'd slow to a walk so I could talk on the phone.

Brian is starting a new (temporary) job next week--four weeks helping eBay with some conversion. But this'll mess with my workouts--since it's just a temp job we don't want to set up any official childcare, so I'll be coming in late to work so I can get Connor off to school in the morning and then I'll take "lunch" at 3:15 so I can pick him up and take him to his after-school program each day, then I'll work late to make up for coming in late. That pretty much kills all of my available workout times, so I'll have to figure out a work-around. Maybe lots of running and cycling on weekends will have to do for a month.

No comments: