Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Forgot to post yesterday

I started coming down with something on Saturday and by Monday it was a full-blown nasty virus with fever. I was better yesterday but still feel rotten today, and I'm still just marginally above "normal" at 98.8 -- though normal for me at this time of the month is about 97.9 to 98.2, so that's really a half-degree fever, not two-tenths, which makes a bit of a difference. But I haven't been up to any kind of exercise in the last half week. And before that Mary was sick, which made gym trips impossible; I did Walk Away the Pounds one day and an ornament fell off the tree and broke. Sigh. Irreplaceable, too -- an egg Daniel had hand-painted when he was Mary's age. My exercise life is a disaster.

My weight dropped to 142.5 yesterday as a result of the illness, but it has already recovered to 144 today. I feel so gross -- I KNOW I'm losing muscle, and I'm feeling very flabby, but there's not much I can do about it at the moment. Meanwhile Daniel is into full-blown preparations for his half marathon, which makes me even more keenly aware of my lack of energy. As soon as I stop feeling so horrid I'm going to the bike shop to get my bike, and then I'll start figuring out how to work in enough long rides to prepare for the century this fall. Having a goal, and the equipment to pursue it, will help tremendously.

No comments: