Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Lacking a clever title...

I have been weighing myself fairly regularly and I have been watching the scale crawl upwards for months now. I managed to hold steady over the holidays and today I was down 1 lb from my atrocious highest-weight-ever weight, which I am fairly ashamed of and will keep to myself at least for now. Maybe when I lose a gazillion pounds I'll "reveal" the horrible number I started with.

So my exercising over my holiday break, minimal as it was, did keep me steady. And now I am hoping that my weight will start to decrease since I am into the early makings of a rhythm with going to the gym. I'm headed there again after work today, and I think I am going to add some weights to my planned workout.

I am still stressing over my teaching situation at CCBC; I had pretty much come to be ok with my decision to stop teaching, and I was working on looking forward to ways to fill my free time, but the college still hasn't replaced me. The semester starts at the end of this month. I am REALLY worried that my program director drug his feet too long to find a replacement and is going to expect me to teach this semester.

What does everyone take or make for lunch? I am so bored with my usuals. I really like taking soup, but the canned stuff is either SO salty or tastes like it came from a can. If I make soup, I get bored with having one kind multiple days in a row. Lunch needs to be reinvented.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Hi Julie,

For lunch I tend to bring a lot of salad. It's easier in the summer when good salad veggies are abundant, though.

As far as soup goes you can make it so it lasts for a dinner and lunch. I think soup is really easy to make and you can add just about anything you like. It's a great winter option.

I can't remember the last time I bought a can of soup.

Baked or sweet potatoes can be good -- you can cook them the night before and heat them up.

I also grill chicken and other meat -- although I'm trying to stay with lean protein now. I'm grilling chicken for tonight and tomorrow right now. I love cooking portobellos on the grill, too but usually eat those as I cook them up.

I hope your job stuff works out. I now that's stressful.