Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm in ...

I'm planning to start my 12 Days of Fitness tonight (Friday). I had attempted to start a more comprehensive plan last weekend. I got through the first couple of workouts but I got quickly sidetracked. Then I worked endlessly all week (didn't get home until midnight last night and most other nights). Argh! So I decided this morning that I'll go home tonight and start back on my exercise plan and see where I am at Christmas.

I've been really frustrated over the past month or so because it's obvious that I've put on a few pounds or as I like to call it -- the immaculate pooch (not a dog) -- as I'm expanding in areas that were thinner (aka gettin' fat). Yet I've been pretty good on food. I was going through a list of what I no longer eat/drink i.e. soda (Diet Coke) and the other crap I've gotten out of my diet and I concluded that I should weigh, oh, about 120 pounds max. haha Not happening.

But what has become glaringly clear is that exercise is a huge component. I've known that but I've seen recenlty what brief stints of inactivity can do. I do like to exercise and I enjoy how I feel when I do get off my butt.

Incredibly, even though I have no husband, children or Christmas b-day parties to prepare for, I manage to be exhausted and use up the majority of my day with no time left to work out.

I'm hoping next week gets me on the right track so I'm ready to continue the plan even when Congress returns for what will be a blindingly busy January.

Good luck everyone!!

No comments: