Saturday, December 13, 2008

First and second days of fitness

So, despite my cheerleading, I barely made it through the first day of fitness -- at about quarter to midnight I got down on the floor and did crunches and push-ups.  I have NO idea when I would have done anything real -- I was going from the time I got up until long after the kids were in bed.  The Christmas play was today so I had to get one kind of cookie baked by today, and since I had started the lebkuchen last weekend it had to be that one (gets the best reviews, anyway), and that takes a couple of hours.  And we had play practice.  And school.  And Mass and lunch.  Dinner was grilled cheese and tomato soup.  By bedtime I had nearly 9,000 steps on my pedometer, which is phenomenal for me for a non-gym day!

Today I got up and got dressed in my exercise clothes, so I went running right after breakfast.  I went about four miles.  Very slowly, but I did them.  I haven't been running in ages, but thanks to my other exercising it wasn't that much of a shock to my system.  Tomorrow will be more of a challenge for exercise -- I won't be up to running again but I don't usually have the gym as an option on Sundays (they're open, but no childcare, so Daniel and I have to go separately, which is never as much fun).  But I'll figure something out!

No comments: