Tuesday, December 09, 2008

I forgot to weigh today

Totally forgot. Oh well. I haven't been to the gym since last Friday. I had my company party on Saturday night - but I didn't eat that much.

I met with Rebecca on Wednesday. She has started me on an herb blend that is supposed to support my gall bladder in addition to my thyroid. She thinks the muscle spasams I am having in my upperback is gall bladder related. Who knows. I am more worried about my reflux - which has become pretty much constant.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I am going to have to run straight from yoga to Manchester to see my doctor. I have about 45 minutes to make it. I have a list (literally) of things I want to discuss with her. When I made my appointment this time I asked them to make sure they allow enough time that we can talk for a few minutes afterwards. How silly is that... Rebecca - who I see once every six weeks or so talks to me for over an hour each time. My doctor - who is SUPPOSED to be the person who figures out what is wrong with me - doesn't spend 10 minutes talking to me once a year. So - if Rebecca can look at me (and my family's history - i.e. Emily's positive response to Metformin) and say she thinks my thyroid isn't functioning optimally - WHY isn't that more credible then the numbers from a blood test? Sigh. Where is the art in medicine anymore?

No comments: