Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Challenges

Well, in the end I did all three of Amy's challenges.  I tracked food on Daily Plate, not that it has done me any good -- I can see how badly (or irregularly) I'm eating but I'm not really changing anything.  I tried water aerobics for my something new (it was fun but not life-changing -- it's not something I could take up regularly without the pool providing childcare, and if they do that I'm going to go back to lap swimming, which I always liked and which gives me a better workout).  And I've only missed my vitamin once in the last few weeks, while I was at Mom and Dad's.  But I'm pretty consistent about it anyway.  The challenge I should have given myself on that last point is to take calcium supplements every day.  I stopped taking them when I take my vitamins because they could only be hurting my iron absorption, which is terrible to begin with.  But I've never found another time of day that I'm good about taking vitamins.

Our next challenge is for the twelve days of fitness, folks!  That starts December 12, the first of the last twelve days before Christmas Eve.  I'll repost my challenge from last year then, but even if I don't remember to post it that day or the day before, our goal is to get some kind of exercise, even something pathetic, twelve days in a row.  It's the darkest time of the year, and some of the busiest, when we all WANT to be slugs.  But we'll be sluggish enough during the holiday week, so we can't be slugs for the whole holiday month.

No comments: