Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weighing in

So I'm making a liar of myself--I was 140.6 this morning. So that means I lost almost two pounds in, oh, one day. Right. Like that really happened. I was feeling kind of queasy all day yesterday, though, so I didn't eat as much as I normally do during the day (although dinner was pizza with an ice cream sandwich for dessert--no skimping on calories there!). But really, I have no idea why I would have dropped two pounds overnight.

In other news, did you see that forty-plus years of the feminist movement have finally led to some results? Women are edging in on men in their ability to die young! Yes, indeed--life expectancy for women in 1000 counties in the US, about 12% of the population of women (mostly in low income and rural areas), has declined by five years since the early 1980's. And the likely culprits are, of course, smoking and obesity. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/04/21/AR2008042102406.html?hpid=topnews

No comments: