Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Hello Out There!

So I've been MIA again. Work is insane. I won't even go into it. I did get a promotion and a $3/hour raise, but my life is incredibly unbalanced and I am not sure how I feel about that.

I went to the gym Saturday and again last night. Saturday I did a 5K running and walking, and some weights, and last night I had planned to do the same until my 5K was cut considerably short by the woman on the treadmill next to me farting. Yep, no kidding. She was like a Howitzer. It was unbelievable. I am not sure what was up with her, but I was on a treadmill near one of the wall mounted fans and it just got to a point it was too much to handle. So I cut it short and just wrapped up on weights.

I joined a kick ball team at work. Yep, no kidding again. And kickball as in elementary school-roll the ball-kick it-and run kick ball. Should be interesting. Peter talked me into it.

You'll die when you hear my weight--I am 176.6 yesterday and today, and that is 2 lbs DOWN from last week.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Julie, you have my sympathy! A couple of weeks ago on the elliptical I had the same problem -- just when I thought I would pass out from the smell, and long after I had given up on trying to be subtle and had started trying to wave the smell away (the person on the other side of me was laughing at me, too), the offensive person left -- thank goodness! It is AWFUL when someone at the gym has that problem -- do they think we can't TELL???

I wish you luck with the kickball. I was the only kid in elementary school who could actually get a strike in kickball. It's so embarrassing not being able to kick a slow-moving, huge bouncy ball coming straight at you!

Sarah said...

Oh, Julie, that's the funniest story I've heard in a long time! I'm sure you didn't think so, though. Sorry you had such a stinky workout!