Tuesday, April 15, 2008

136.0

At least that's a change!  I don't feel as though that half-pound drop has been earned -- during the week my weight hopped up to a surprising 138 but it jumped back down again yesterday.  I must have been carrying a lot of water that one day.  I have been exercising somewhat regularly and my step count has been between 8000 and 12,000 every day, so I suppose I am active enough to keep my weight reasonable.

I had a great workout yesterday.  It was just a normal workout, but I used the elliptical on the setting that makes me slow down and speed up and reverse and so on.  The resistance stays the same, so you're focused on control.  It's a high calorie workout but not as sweaty as my usual one.  So then when I got to the crunches I wasn't as burned out as usual.  I didn't get tired even after the standard 100, so I did some side crunches as well.  Then I went onto the push-ups and felt really strong on them!  I did a dozen before Amy called, and after her call I did 25 straight -- I've NEVER done 25 full-length push-ups without stopping before.  It was awesome.  I wish I could feel like that every day!  I did another dozen before bed last night just to see if it still felt so good.  (It didn't.  I guess I have to be warmed up for it to work.)

No comments: