Thursday, April 03, 2008

Weigh-in delay

Sorry! I weighed on Tuesday, I just didn't report it. I was back up to 232.0 Oh well. Easy come, easy go. I was down again to 231.8 yesterday and today I didn't weigh myself. I was excited (very briefly) when I saw that 230 weight. I haven't seen loss in so long that I can't remember what it feels like!!!

I went to give blood on Tueday. I planned to do the double red rather than whole blood. I couldn't do it the last time I went because my iron count was too low. So this time I cut out caffeine after Saturday, I increased my orange juice and more that doubled my fluids, but my iron was still too low - in fact! I was too low even to give whole blood. I have never been rejected before. I rescheduled my appointment for April 22nd - so hopefully I will be acceptable by then. Katie and I were wondering if by going mostly gluten free I have negatively impacted my iron levels too. So many grain based foods are enriched - which includes iron. Spinach and seafoods (two of my staples) are on the high irons list. I will have to increase my prune intake for my next appointment. Also - I wonder if drinking so much water that day might have diluted my blood. I will try to drink more orange juice rather than water to increase my fluids next time.

I am hungry. This is good. I can TELL I am hungry because I have a horrible headache that started right around 1:30 when I hadn't eaten lunch yet. Saddly, I didn't BRING lunch today. I told Katie that I was going to get something from Chipotle today (I have been craving red meat ever since Sarah told me to have a filet mignon when my iron count was low) but I haven't taken a break yet - and now it is too late. So, I am hungry. Sigh.

Exercise has been pretty basic this week. I am resetting my week to start on Monday like a normal person - I can't keep track going back to Saturday... I went Monday night and JUST did the treadmill. Tuesday we did the Bounce for Autism - which got my heart rate up and challenged my muscles in a few cases (YOU try hauling 230+ pounds over an inflatable rock wall THREE times!!) but I think all told I was only at it for 30-45 minutes. I didn't go last night. I HAVE to go tonight so I can at least show that I made an effort to get to the gym more than twice this week.

I had ANOTHER really rough dentist appointment yesterday and so far after each one of these I come home and crash for several hours and then creep around the house like an invalid. I think it is the novicane. I don't respond well to the epinephrine in it. It makes my heart race and I have a hard time breathing when he gives it to me - and I am groggy and disoriented afterwards. My reactions seem to be getting worse lately too. I am not sure why. Regarless - I took a THREE HOUR nap yesterday afternoon - and of course, couldn't sleep last night then. I was so mad at myself. I like naps - but I hate the way I feel afterwards - weak, groggy, icky, dizzy. Sigh. No more naps for me!

Stamp camp is this weekend. I have one project pretty much planned. I have another one in my head. I need to think of two more, prep them and then clean the house. Hopefully we can get the house part done tonight - and then we will mostly only have to do the projects tomorrow.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

How about a hunk of liver?? Delish. haha
When I started *dieting* last year I rarely ate red meat so I definitely felt like I was iron deficient. I had no proof but it was my best guess. So, especially as the weather warms up, I love to get a good steak at Wegman's and grill it up. Their steaks are soooo good.

Amy said...

I love red meat, but rarely eat it. I personally like a filet on the Foreman grill. YUM! Or kabobs. Maybe I will get some beef tomorrow and do that.