Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back at 136.0 again

Last week my weight dropped a half pound a day, steadily, all the way down to 134.5 one morning!  Very strange.  Then it hopped straight back up in one (or maybe two) jump(s) to 138 yesterday, but I was retaining water -- I couldn't get my rings on and the night before my shoes were too tight across the arch.  Last night I was 140 at bedtime!!  Then overnight I shed all the retained water (no good reason for it, anyway -- I'm at mid-cycle) and I was 136 today, right where I was last week.

I think my hormones are out of whack.  I'm retaining water and yesterday I was screaming at the kids all day.  Today I'm exhausted despite a reasonable (though not fabulous) night's sleep.  Maybe from all the screaming.

I have no exercise on my schedule this week.  I had one time scheduled yesterday but I had to cancel because of chaos at home and because I was going out in the evening for a much needed coffee break with a friend.  I couldn't get one for today, tomorrow is our usual Wednesday schedule plus a homeschool parents' meeting (I guess we have a PTA?), and Thursday we run into Mary's baseball practice and my choir practice.  Friday Amy is here and even if she weren't I'd have another thing to go to.  So the week is shot.  I desperately need to find some other exercise time this week!

No comments: