Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yay! Coffee!

142.4 this morning, which means I don't have to give up coffee for Lent. You all have no idea what a good motivator this has been for me! I should go to coffee rehab. It can't be healthy that I'm so addicted to the stuff that the thought of giving it up makes me exercise and cut out some of my favorite foods.

I realized this morning that I really haven't been watching my diet much at all. I've gone to parties, gone out to eat, snarfed down cookies after work, etc.--all of my old bad habits. And I'm still averaging about a pound a week in weight loss. My handy dandy heart rate monitor tells me that I'm burning 2000 - 2300 calories a week with exercise--I'm exercising the same number of times a week as I was back when I was first trying to lose weight, but I'm exercising harder and for longer times, so that's making up for the calories that I'm not cutting. It's kind of nice, and I hope it's sustainable. This week is going to be a challenge--yesterday was my only normal workday. I'm heading into three full days and one half day of training (the three full days on a computer system I'll probably never use) so I won't be able to do my normal lunchtime gym visits. Today I'm going swimming immediately after work, and I may do that again on Wednesday, but I can't on Thursday or Friday. I might just make up the time missed on the weekend. I hate to skip exercise at this point since I can really feel the difference when I ease up--I'm amazed at how quickly I can lose any gains I've made!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I'm not sure whether to be happy for your addiction or just pissed you're getting skinny again. No, actually I'm happy to see your workouts paying off. You have been putting in the time. It's so nice to finally get the reward.

I am glad I've given up soda and the like.

Again, I'd like to wave goodbye to February. I'll take March coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb or whatever it wants to do.

Now let's wave the belly fat goodbye, gosh darnit.