Monday, February 23, 2009

Still making progress

So I tried on my "gauge" jeans tonight to determine where I stand in my fitness routine. I was able to get them back on although it took a tad bit of coaxing. I can't say it was pretty, though. My fat just all mushed together. Ick. But it's a step in the right direction. It provides the proper motivation. I had tried them on a week or so ago and I couldn't button them. 

I also tried on some work pants that had gotten a bit tight and they are comfortable again. Yay! 

But I know I can do better. 

My biggest challenge is the fat around my waist. It really seems to have gotten worse since I turned 40. I had really hoped for better, faster results but I feel like my diet is good and I've been following my workout routine pretty well. I'm on week 5 and am really trying to push myself. With spring (hopefully) on the way I'll spend more time outdoors and that should help. 

I just feel like I have to drag myself through February with all its darkness and cold and I'll hope for better March weather. 

Otherwise I'm waiting to see photos of Sarah on her new bike with her new bike clothes and I can't wait to see photos from Norway and to hear about Emily's adventures. Emily, do you have a Norway blog? Anyone else know?



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Woo-hoo!! Always nice to get back into clothes that haven't fit for a while. And I know what you mean about the waist fat--that's where everything settles for me, too.

I'm always happy to see February gone, but I think March is nearly as hard--you THINK it should be spring but it keeps acting like winter.