Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Flab-o-rama

I did get back to the gym two times last week, and I have two appointments this week and one set up for next week already.  So that's progress.  But I still feel very, very flabby.  My weight peaked at 148.5 last week (actually, it was up there and hovering for weeks) and inexplicably started trickling down, so now it's at 147.0.  Still within the margin of error for 148.5, though!  The oddest part was that the first sub-148 I'd seen in weeks came the morning after we'd eaten at the brewpub.  I ate so much that it hurt -- though I didn't think I'd actually eaten THAT much, even on the spot, so I'm forced to conclude that it was the beer making me feel very full.  I had grilled salmon for dinner, with a baked potato, and I didn't finish the first and barely started the latter.  And I ate a salad, but I didn't finish that, either.  And the appetizer was tiny (but really yummy -- shrimp and crab dip on ciabatta bread).  That was it for the night, except for the beer (1 1/2 glasses), which I know packs a fair number of calories.

Anyway.  I'm not embarking on any new diet programs right now.  I'm just trying to tread water while I worry about other things -- talk to me in a month!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Treading water is EXCELLENT exercise. You'll be fine.