Thursday, February 05, 2009

Finally making headway

I've been on my new workout/food routine for two weeks and I'm getting results. Finally. 

I will begin my third week of my workout schedule on Friday and the last four weeks of this program ramps up from here on out so I've got to be on my game. 

But, so far, I'm pleased with how things are going. My clothes aren't as tight (it wasn't pretty) and I'm just generally feeling good/better. I've got an enormous amount of energy and I seem much clearer-headed. I don't weigh myself but I'm noticing the difference in inches or maybe millimeters right now. haha

In fact, a friend of mine put a post about me on her blog to prove she's not the only foodie wacko out there. I think that's a compliment. haha

I've been trying to get into a raw diet -- mostly fruits, veggies, salads, nuts and yogurt -- but there's a wide range of options. 

I do like meat and fish -- I eat mostly chicken. So that's the main aspect of my diet that's cooked. Recently I got a nice piece of salmon from Whole Foods and some scallops from Wegmans. Both meals were wonderful and I enjoy the variety. 

So now I'm staring down the barrel of a tough few weeks but I'm ready for the challenge. 

Work is keeping me crazy busy but I'm managing to find the time to get my workouts done. That really boosts my confidence and propels me ever forward. 

So I hope this keeps working!


1 comment:

Emily said...

Good for you, Vicki! You give us all hope -- this has been one seriously stalled board for a while!