Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Neck and neck with Emily

I was 148 on Monday--the highest I've seen in three years. Yikes! But that seems to have been a bit of a fluke and more reflective of the huge dinner I had the night before. By Tuesday I was down to 146.4 and today to 146.2. Not that I'm thrilled with those weights, but they are closer to 145 than to 150, so that's o.k. I'm making a deal with myself that if I lose weight every week between now and Ash Wednesday, I don't have to give up coffee for Lent. But if I gain weight any of those weeks, I'm off coffee again until Easter. Remembering how horrible that was last year will, I hope, keep me eating less and moving more.

Last week was hell. I had two grant proposals due last week and five due this Monday so I pretty much woke up, went to work, worked all day without a break, came home and did the basketball/Girl Scout/dinner/bedtime routine and then worked until 1 or 2 a.m. then woke up at 6 and started it all over again. The only reprieve from this routine was when I went in for a root canal. You know life is bad when the most fun you have all week is your root canal!

Things have eased up a bit this week--I only have two proposals due this week and then two more big ones for the rest of February. So at least I can get back to the gym. I'm all packed for swimming today--I haven't been in the pool except for a scout field trip since before Christmas, so I'm really not looking forward to this!

No comments: