Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Ho hum

I just got into work after taking the Harry Dog for an unexpected trip to the vet. He is in surgery now having one of his toe nails removed. I had to cover 2 classes last night at CCBC, so my friend let Harry out to pee around 6:30-7ish. When I got home he was acting weird, but I fed him and made him go outside again. As I was making dinner and he was continuing to act weird, I discovered the understandable source of the weirdness--he had a toe nail on his back paw bent at a 90 degree angle from what it should normally be. He must have fallen on the ice, as I can't come up with another explanation. It was bleeding just a little bit, so I made the decision to wait to see his regular vet rather than pay the 3x mark up at the emergency vet. Using Peter's awesome people paramedic skills, we cleaned it up and wrapped it, then got him in first thing this morning to see the vet. Poor dog. I feel terrible. The vet has to cut the toe nail off at the base, so cut THROUGH the quick. Ow. Which is why he has to be sedated. Plus she wanted to see where the damage originated, so it might involve more than just that, but let's hope not. Poor dog. I feel terrible. And yes, I know I already said that.

I'm down about 4 lbs from last week. After Peter and I did the Bod Pod assessment 2 Thursdays ago, we started a diet plan the next day. After one week I'm down 4 lbs and 1.5 inches. That's actually as of Saturday, because that is our check in day. The diet is pretty easy to stick to; I'm pretty surprised about that.

I think that's all for today. I am feeling pretty bummed about Harry, so hopefully we can pick him up in a little while from the vet and get him on the road to recovery.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh! Poor Harry!!!! I hope he feels better soon!