Thursday, October 21, 2010

Swag

Sarah's comment on swag reminded me I wanted to sum up what was in the Baltimore Running Festival bags. They gave us an Under Armour T-shirt (in a hideous neon yellow, for the marathon; the half had a nicer shirt, though theirs was short-sleeved and ours was long), a cheapo pair of knitted gloves (which I realized the next day were perfect for a chilly 8 am start, because then you could toss them and leave them when you got warm), small packages of tomato-basil wheat thins, corn thins, and yogurt-covered pineapple chunks, a backpack-style reusable drawstring bag with the Geico Gecko on it (Alexander likes it), and tons of papers, mostly advertising other races. There was a 15% off Under Armour coupon and a $500 Red Star gift card (they do sunglasses, which I can't wear because I need a prescription, and you have to pay a 9% S&H fee, but otherwise they look like very good glasses -- so if you need some sport sunglasses let me know). They also linked us to an online "iGiftBag" which had numerous other discount offers, but they're almost entirely local to Baltimore (not surprising) so not much use to me. I really wasn't all that excited by the swag.

There. Now if somebody tries to Google the swag bags for this race, they'll get a hit. ;-)

No comments: